Thursday, April 28, 2011

Goodbye Winter!

Winter in Korea is very brown and yellow and straight up depressing. It is long and dreary and just as cold as Canada. The upside is that Korean spring comes in April and is absolutely beautiful!! It has been warm during the day (around 15-20 Celsius) and a little chilly at night. I have been able to get outside and play sports and do touristy things and this makes me a happy girl :) Here are some pics from my little farm town...


GREEN!!

Things are growing!!

ma hood

at the bus stop

Waiting for the bus to go downtown


Every weekend I have been getting out and about and doing touristy things. I recently visited King Sejong's tomb with my friends Natasha and Sofia. King Sejong invented the Korean language (Hangul) and is a huge deal here in Korea. 


Sofia and I

Such tourists!

Natasha and I

Tomb

So Korean :)



I have found out, while living here, that I love playing sports! I played football for the first time and I actually love it! The second time we played I caught the ball!! Didn't get far but I caught it! I also played soccer for the first time since elementary school and I quite enjoyed that as well...I scored 2 goals! Last weekend I played Sloshball for the first time. It is softball mixed with drinking. For example you have to take a shot of soju at first base and drink half a cup of beer at the 2nd. It was a lot of fun! Everyone brought food and snacks and we BBQd it was great! 


I also joined a boxing gym in March that I love! It is circuit training, with conditioning, jump rope and boxing bags!! I will never spar, too scared, but I love getting in the ring with the trainer and practicing!!


Mark putting on his wraps

Middle schoolers - small right?




With spring in Korea brings CHERRY BLOSSOMS!! They are so beautiful and are everywhere! I went to a festival in Seoul and saw so many. I have never seen them before so I was amazed. They only last a short while so I am glad I got out and saw some.







What else have I been up to? Oh, I celebrated (well didn't actually celebrate) my 7 month mark in Korea. It is crazy that I have been here this long! And I feel like time is going to FLY by in these last 5 months. There are so many things I wanna do before I leave and only so many weekends left! I sure am gonna miss this place, look at these faces, how am I supposed to leave!?




Remember him? Tiger aka Tae Geun

Kindergarten









No comments:

Post a Comment