Saturday, March 26, 2011

St. Patrick's Day, Korean Style!

St. Patty's Day in Korea is pretty much as St. Patty's Day back home. People get together and drink. their. faces. off!!


Korean St. Patty's started with everyone at our local bar Q'z. I didn't attend because I didn't want to be hungover at school the next day, and I am happy with my decision. I hear they drank green beer and Soju and even had the owners purchase some Baileys!! Many of my friends called in sick, or got sick at school or were just plain tired from partying too hard. I on the other hand was fresh and ready for our weekend bender. :)


Friday, those who were not too wrecked got together at Q'z and had some birthday festivities for our friend Alex. It was a good night and a nice start to the weekend. 







The next morning, nice and hungover, we all started heading toward the bus terminal to head to Seoul for some Patty's Day festivities in Insadong (an area where you can shop for traditional Korean gifts). Three bus loads of us Yeoju folk later and we all arrived ready and wearing green!



They are not drunk yet, just not paying attention! hehe


There was live music (Korean U2 cover band!), Irish dancing and plenty of foreigners and Koreans having a jolly old time!




Joshua

Korean U2 cover band


After they daytime celebrations we headed to another bar to pick up more people then headed to an all you can drink party at a pub called Dublin Terrace in Gangnam. For 40,000won ($40) we got all you can drink Guinness, Cass, mixed drinks, wine and a lovely buffet dinner. It was worth every penny. There were also 2 live bands which were fun to dance to.



Liam, Alma and Nathan

Liam groovin'


After the fun, me and 2 of my friends decided to take a cab home to Yeoju from Seoul. We got a flat rate of 60 bucks, which is cheap, but the cabbie got lost so an hour cab ride ended up being 2 hours and the funniest ride I think I have ever had in a taxi in my life!! Let's just say, that cab driver will never pick up foreigners ever again and will definitely not be driving anyone to Yeoju!

No comments:

Post a Comment