- Last Friday me and Eun Mee and the woman in charge of interior design at our school went to 2 other schools in Yeoju. One was really big and one was really small like mine. We went to see what their English rooms looked like to get inspiration for my new one that they say will be ready in November - I got to meet 2 Native English teachers which was nice.
- I also saw the bus driver who was in the hospital, he is back and has terrible bruises around his neck and the bandage is off of his face and it is a huge gash with stitches...definitely shady, I think I was right...
- Yesterday at lunch, instead of good old cafeteria food we went get noodles at the birthplace of Empress Myong Soung, apparently they're a dollar on Weds!
- I used my washing machine for the first time the other day, it releases all of the water onto the bathroom floor, it is crazy! At least my floor gets washed everytime I do laundry :)
- I have giant green spiders living in my stairwell, I think I would literally poop my pants if I ever saw one in my house, they definitely look poisonus!
please don't come in my house
- In Korea, some cars have a GPS that are also TVs...super dangerous if you ask me and not very comforting when you have one in the car you are in.
- I am not sure if there is caffeine in the coffee here, but I found a drink which is def my Korean Redbull. It's called Let's Be and it is just a cold coffee drink you can get at the corner store for under a dollar...they have tons of cold coffee drinks here.
Please don't be serious...
- The lunches here are not too bad, some things are questionable though. We get 3 side dishes (one being kimchi everyday), rice (everyday) and main, which is usually soup. Nothing to write home about but not disgusting either.
- Yesterday the minister of the local church came into my classroom with a bag of apples for me. He said "you come Sunday?", I said "sorry, I am going to Seoul"...sorry bud.
- Mr. Jung gave me work slippers! You have to take your shoes off and wear indoor shoes/slippers in the schools here. I have been wearing a pair of clean flats at work until I got these badboys:
- Monday, we had an assembly aka Monday Meeting and the kids performed songs and stories. It was super cute and they were really good! I even got to judge it and choose a winner :)
- The other day I was going to fill up my water bottle at a water cooler where the kids usually get their water and Eun Mee stopped me and said to get water from the teacher's room because it was cleaner...wow.
- I was teaching a grade 6 class yesterday and this one kid kept saying SEX and writing it everywhere (on the whiteboard, my desk!) I was really surprised, I know I didn't think about that when I was 12 years old that is for sure! I am sure it didn't help that whenever I bent over to help them with something, the girls would yell "teacher, teacher" and motion to cover my cleave! I wasn't even wearing a revealing top either, just a basic t-shirt...geeze!
- That is all for now, besides the fact that the whole time I have been typing this in my classroom, I have killed 3 wasps...HUGE wasps (the bugs here are not normal). Well I only killed 2 and a student killed the other. He saw me freaking out about something then decided to help! Good student :)
No comments:
Post a Comment