SO - 2 months sans post, sorry!! I have been all over the place for the past few months and it has definitely been a crazy new year.
Let's see...I went home to Toronto for 3 weeks, got to spend a day and and afternoon in Hong Kong (which was awesome), got to visit MTL while home and taught a bunch of "winter camps" at school. "Winter Camp" is basically the children coming to school during their winter vacation which must suck BIG TIME! But we had fun and I am SO happy it is over! Winter vacation here is basically from Christmas until March but some kids come to camp. I taught 5 camps!!
Also, I lost my co-teacher, she is about to give birth any day now. I got a new one, she doesn't speak much English so we will see how that goes, We got basically a whole new staff - in Korea, teachers can only work at a school for about 3 years then they must move on. We got all women except for 5th grade and they are a rowdy bunch!
March 2nd was the first day of the new school year here, so we had an opening ceremony, a teacher's lunch and dinner. I am really happy to start a new school year and get into the swing of things. I have been terribly homesick since returning from Canada so I need to get back into routine and be too busy to think about it!
We are also losing many foreign teachers here in Yeoju and all over Korea actually. They are cutting us teachers out in order to allow the kids to have free school lunches. They are thus hiring "English speaking" Koreans to work in our place. We are losing 6 people in our town (finished their contracts) and there will be no one filling their spots so little old Yeoju is gonna be even smaller!!
Anyway, just a brief update, more posts to come with pics and good times and such.
Until then...
Yay! I'm glad you're back to posting. MORE PLEASE!
ReplyDelete