Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Up, Up and Away!

Up until I left for the airport this morning it seemed like I wasnt even going anywhere. Yes, I have spent thousands of dollars preparing to go, but it never really felt like I was going anywhere. Then this morning happened. 3 am wake up call, shower, dressed and in the car on the way to the airport. I kinda freaked out! I am calm and collected on the outside but I am extremely overwhelmed. I have had my highs and lows today, the emotional rollercoaster continues. For the record: my low was saying bye to Jon...It sure doesn't help when every sappy song you can think of is playing in the airport all morning - Cue "Leaving on a Jet Plane", yeah, they actually played that! High would have to be that I am on my way to the other side of the world to do what I have always wanted (TEACH!) and I am excited about what lies ahead.
I am currently in the Chicago airport waiting for my next flight...over 4 hour layover, YAY! I am trying to keep busy but there is nothing in this area, except for the stench of perfume from the duty free and people waiting for this flight. I did stock up on magazines, twizzlers and Reece's Pieces (Thanks Caro!) and now I wait. I want to find an outlet so that I can watch some GLEE!! I bought season one just for the flight! However I am worried there are no outlets on the plane and thus I will not be watching anything since my computer sucks bigtime :(
Well, off to find that outlet...
Talk soon

No comments:

Post a Comment