It's almost time folks...I cannot believe I leave for Korea in 3 weeks! I finally got my visa so this is it, we just have to book my flight and I am outta here.
The process was not without it's ups and downs however. Basically what happened (and why I was getting worried) was my school went to immigration with my documents but forgot my university degree! This happened in the middle of summer holidays AND the busiest time of the year when thousands of people need visas! I kept my cool but was losing it inside. I was told my co-teacher was going to go back to immigration (AND that she is pregnant!) and eventually I got my visa number.
Once you get your visa number, you have to go to the Korean Consulate for an interview. So I gathered all the documents necessary, got all prettied up and went up there (St. Clair and Avenue Rd.). After giving in my documents, passport and paying $55, I was told I had to come back for an interview at a scheduled date. I was a little peeved that they didn't just do it all in one visit but what can you do? So last Tuesday I went back, waited for over 2 hours for a 3 minute interview with the cutest lil old man ever and to get my visa stamped in my passport. HURRAY!!
I was all excited because now that I had the visa, we can book my flight...BUT NO! Let's make Cassandra wait some MORE! The Korean recruiter says we will book my flight next Tuesday...ugh, I am a very patient person but GEEZE, I just want everything to be finalized so that I can figure things out and just having the security that it is already booked. I dunno, maybe I am crazy?!
I leave so soon and I am getting a little emotional. Although I am excited and antsy and ready to go, I am sad that I am leaving my brother, my love, my friends and my co-workers. I already had to say goodbye to one of my roomates and that was really hard. Just gotta remember that it's not goodbye, just "see you soon". I am going to come back, I am not leaving forever, so really I need to focus on having an amazing time and experience. :)
I cannot believe I have 5 more days of work left. I have met some amazing people working there and built some life-lasting friendships. What a great industry to get into...and I will be going out with a bang at the best time of the year, TIFF! I will get to attend some parties and catch some flicks with my coworkers before I leave which will be awesome. All I want to do with the time I have left is hangout with my people and enjoy every minute I have with them. That is all I can do.
I am gonna go do that now, so talk soon!
p.s. Skype is going to save my life while abroad!!
No comments:
Post a Comment