He was asking me because they were going to have a welcome dinner for me, and I later found out 2 other new teachers. How lovely! This happened the night of my Suwon adventure. Me and Mr. Jung met the other teachers at another elementary school in Yeoju instead of at our school. I guess our teachers go there to teach or meetings or something. This school was huge compared to ours, they have over 1000 students while we have 133 (I found out!). I would not be able to teach there, it makes me appreciate my little school on the farm!
Yeoju bus terminal
We arrived at the restaurant which was right outside my town of Gangcheon. All the teachers and bus drivers and admin staff etc... were there. It was a grand feast. The head teacher said some words to welcome us then us newbies had to say a little something. I just said how happy I was to be there and how lovely everyone has been in making me feel welcome and then I said thank you in Korean which cued a huge applause. I guess I have to learn Korean if they get that excited when I say one word! They then gave us flowers! So pretty.
Pen holder I got as a gift as my makeshift vase
We then started eating and drinking beer and soju (Korean booze that is about 18% that you drink straight in a shot glass). The beer is called Cass which is pretty funny and the teachers were laughing about it. Oh, p.s. I have Mr. Jung calling me Cass now because he said Cassandra was too long! ha It is really funny :)
The duck was delicious, I would definitely have it again. They were laughing at me however because I wouldn't eat the fat on the meat. Not really a fan. They thought it was cute. All in all a delightful meal!
Feast
Dunzo
No comments:
Post a Comment