strawberry cookies
marshmallow cake covered in chocolate
crackers & clementines
giant pears and sweet potato; didn't mean for this to look perverted haha
Wednesday was my first GREAT day! Jon has some friends here, a couple who live close, in Chungju, and I decided that I wanted to go visit them this weekend (I am going a little stir crazy). I have NO idea how that buses work but me and Mr. Jung (my Korean bestie, who is my landlord and is in charge of pay cheques - yes, my closest friend is a 40 yr old Korean man!) did a lot of searching and we figured out a way for me to get there! I have to take a bus to Yeoju terminal, then a bus to Wonju terminal (bigger city) and then from there a bus to Chungju...which will take a total of about 2 hrs. Most of my coworkers live in Wonju so I hope to catch a ride there Friday after school, that will be a little quicker. Oh, and my whole trip will cost me $19 total!
I only had one class Weds so I spend a lot of time in the finance/administration office (I would rather hang out there than in the English room because there are people to "talk" to and Mr. Jung is there...He speaks the best Eng out of anyone in the school, hence why he is my bestest buddy!
Mr. Jung in downtown Suwon
I also found out that the principal wants me to teach Kindergarten every morning before class at 8:20am and every Weds at 3 period. I said YES a) because those children are ADORABLE and b) I get paid overtime!! I am already up at 6am so why not, and the pay is excellent, basically $20 an hour CND!! So I am going to be able to save WAYYYY more than I anticipated, especially since I have nothing to spend my money on unless I go away on the weekends. So Wednesday was off to a great start!
I then had my first class with Eun Mee!! It was the 6th grade and I just stood and watched while she taught. I got really excited actually being in the classroom and interacting with the kids, it reminded my why I was here and made me so happy :) They asked me a few questions too, which was cute! I can't wait to teach them!
Other highs of Weds, I got my new stove, hurray!! I made my first batch of rice in the rice cooker, hurray!! I had my first lunch in the cafeteria, it was pretty good and better than I expected. I basically pay $60 a month and I get lunch everyday (always just one dish, no choice), we eat with the children at different times for different grades. I eat at 12:30 with grade 6 and grade 2...It was right after class and some grade 6 girls were sitting at another table but when I sat down with Eun Mee, they all ran over to sit with me which was very cute! I have the option to not eat cafeteria food and just bring a lunch but really it is 2 bucks and if I don't like it, there is always rice so I will live.
stove...kinda looks like a turntable, no?
Kitchen is now complete!
Oh and to start my day off I had my first Skype date with the bf which is probably why my day went so well, he is my good luck charm!
Talk soon friends!
No comments:
Post a Comment